Thursday, January 24, 2008

My new life (for a little while)

I now live in Brenham.

The thought of living by myself has scared me since I found that out back in December.

After 4 days of living by myself, I am not so much scared as I am bored!!! I went to bed Monday at 10pm. That hasn't happened since the summer when it is important to go to bed early otherwise you will be dead. The fact was, I had no idea what to do with myself in a small town.

Well this will no longer be an issue. I am getting a roomie as of tonight. She is an aTm graduate that is now helping with a mission organization here in Brenham. After meeting her for like 3 secs today, i think we will get along fine.

A few interesting stories:

I worked with the youth group, of the church down here, for the first time last night. Believe it or not, i was super nervous. I was afraid that they wouldn't like me. Not only would i not have friends my own age, but youth kids wouldn't accept me. However, luckily this wasn't the case. While preping for a game we were about to play, they were asked to write their names down on a piece of paper that I gave them. Well the Jr. High boys gladly offered to write their numbers down for me as well. :) oh young boys...and lack of fear! During worship, a 7th grade boy went to the youth pastor (jeremy) to ask if he could go to the bathroom. I laughed.

Luckily there is a starbucks here. I have been there twice thus far. One time the overly friendly counter guy offered to make me a special drink. It was good. I feel like i made a friend. Although i didn't really, he was nice and that made me happy! I went to starbucks again today and drove through. A lady helped me and then took my order and then a young guy popped his head out of the drive-thru window and our conversation went like this:
Guy: Hey, so your just waiting on your drink?
Me: Uhuh yes
Guy: You having a good day?
Me: Uhuh yes
Guy: Oh here comes your drink, almost ready
Me: Super great
Guy: Ok here you go
Me: Thank you very much
Guy: Ok well you enjoy
Me: Thanks (as i start to pull away and roll up my window)
Guy: Ok have a nice day and stay warm
Me: (halfway gone and out of things nice to say)

hahaha...It made me smile
That is all i got currently. I forgot my password until just now (well until i made a new one)

Later from Brenham

2 comments:

rachel... said...

YAY!! Now you can join the world of blogging again =) Your starbucks adventure made me laugh. And you have a roommate!!! YAY!! The Lord sure is amazing isn't He! And she's an aggie! Thats a plus!! I like her already =)

Rachel

Sara Triana said...

hahaha about your convo.