Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Loneliness

I have been pretty lonely lately. I have people around me and things to do, but no one that really really knows me and that equals a bit of lonesomeness. Don't feel sad for me, though. I was talking to my dad last night and was telling him about my life here in Brenham. One thing I was telling him was that my television only got one station, but now that one station doesn't work. We laughed and joked about it.

Well this morning my dad called me to offer me some insight. He pointed out Paul. Right before Paul had huge spiritual revelations and experiences, he was in prison. He was in a place of solitde. This was so encouraging to me for many reasons. I am ready for God to do big things in me and i know this will be an important time for him to do that. I already see God at work. Yesterday, I didn't go in to work (merritt was feeling sick). So I was able to run a lot of errands. God really started showing me things about myself. Things I need to work on and things that have changed in me for the negative. Although knowing how you suck is never fun, God gave me such breath and encouragement after He was done. That time yesterday felt like house cleaning. I feel so light and at ease today. All I can do is smile.

What an incredible God we serve. There is so much joy in seeing how small you are compared to a God who is so HUGE!!!

2 comments:

Sara Triana said...

absolutely! how beneficial are the seasons of loneliness that the Lord bestows upon us.

Casey Cease said...

So, you and my wife met yesterday... FYI- We have a 37" Sharp Aquos TV with HD satellite, PS3, movies, etc. We love having guests...

P.S. - In the picture on the right, did Sara T. dress you?? ;-)

Seriously, come hang out anytime...

Casey Cease