Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sometimes I wonder...

...what love really is.


I have had a lot of time recently to read books. I am currently reading two: Emma and A Love Worth Giving. This has placed the question of love in my mind in almost every situation. What does it really look like. How can I live it. Can it be lived.

Really these things have occupied my thoughts. Being in Brenham, I have had the opportunity to show and experience love in very different ways. I still haven't figured it out yet, but I am on my quest to understanding it.

The reason I write this is because at this very moment the pastor and his wife are talking to a woman who wandered in to the church asking for help.

We get a lot of people like this that come in asking for help. In fact, on Sunday, a girl came to church and started talking to Merritt and Leslie. She had gone to another church first, but that church had told her to come to our church because they didn't think it would be good for her to stay there that sunday. This just burdened my heart. What is the mission of the church, if not to help those in need (spiritually, physically)?

I know love is more than the physical. I have been taught that love is a choice (usually in terms of eros love). I think it is also an attitude. I guess you choose to adopt a loving attitude. I want to strive to love like christ. Agape love.

I guess you could say:
...I am on a LOVE JOURNEY.

3 comments:

elise said...

yes ma'am that is what you do :) just copy and paste! love you and love your blog!

rob. said...

funny that you wrote on this today.. i was actually thinking this very thing on my way home tonight. i was just thinking about how i have come to understand love and wondering what it really looks like. i decided that i want to really start digging in and study what love looks like in the bible, in different cultures, and how all of that looks like in my life. so i guess you could say that i am also on a love journey.

we can discuss this in great lengths when we come for a visit. i'm gonna be out of town for spring break.. BUT let's seriously plan a time soon. it seems that it may have to be the beginning of april? how's that looking for you?

ChristyDelaine said...

Dearest Alyssa, I LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY PACKAGE YOU ARE THE BEST AND I WILL COMMENT MORE OFTEN...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!!!!!