Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Adventure... thanks to EZ Food Mart

It felt like any other college station visit, until...

Morgan, Josh ("B" from now on), and I were getting restless at the griffin residence (faith's house). Therefore, we decided to go on a walking adventure (or at least that is what we told ourselves). Morgan and I both thought that a walking adventure meant we would walk, but we found out we were wrong when B asked who was going to drive. Morgan and i both left our keys inside the house that B had just locked. Ergo, B drove.

*You might be wondering why i am giving all this detail. It could be because I like making the readers of this blog read way more than they have to in an attempt to help to combat illiteracy in America, but actually it is because this is the main factor that our adventure hinged upon. For if B hadn't drove, we wouldn't have needed gas. Furthermore, we wouldn't have gone into the EZ Food Mart and never experienced our adventure!

Morgan and I walk into the EZ Food Mart at the same time while B is getting some gas. Morgan started walking around, but i wanted nothing to eat or drink so I decided to live love to the guy behind the counter (meaning i was going to talk to him). He mumbled something about the weather. I took this opportunity to mention that we were about to embark on an adventure because it was so nice. I offered my condolences to the fact that he was having to work and couldn't enjoy the weather. However, he expectantly informed me that he would be off work soon and could come join us at that time. (i kinda stepped back and smiled and said "oh, well uhuh.") The counter man got quiet at this point because B walked in. I began following B and Morgan through the isles in order to look busy! Finally, they both decided on quality food items that could only be found at an EZ Food Mart and proceeded to check out.

I wandered over to the $12.99 dvd rack. There was pride and prejudice at the front of the rack, so i decided to flip and see if there were anymore good movies. After two flips of the rack i saw a dvd of the murder of Saddam Hussein. That should have been my first clue to stop flipping, but it wasn't. I flipped right to the adult section of the rack (if you know what i mean). With a "oh, no" i quickly slammed the rack shut and sashayed away. The counter man responded with a "I have to sell all sorts of things here" To which I responded "Oh, no, I understand" This was accompanied by awkward silence. The counter man then informed me that i could take one if i wanted. Suddenly fearful that i would be thrust into some underground realm of shadyness if i took one, i politely replied "No thanks, that is ok"

Immediately following this Morgan tapped on the glass for B to see what was under/behind the counter. Although i didn't see what was behind there, i saw both of their faces. Furthermore, as soon as we "escaped" the EZ Food Mart, i asked them about it. The informed me that said cabinet was full of an assortment of pipes and bongs (I am pretty sure most of you can guess what those are used for). We laughed for a while and continued on with what we had intended to be a walking adventure!


+ = BAD IDEA
*Special thanks to EZ Food Mart and B's lack of gas in his car.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Hey...I tagged you! Go to my blog to get the info! You don't have to do it if you don't want to though :)

That's quite an EZ Mart adventure you had!

ChristyDelaine said...

ALYSSA! I feel that your living love might need to be censored...you're just too irresistible...like we talked about!

Sara Triana said...

This would have been more adventurous if he actually went out to enjoy the day with y'all. The possibilities...

Annie said...

did they have to explain to you what a bong was?

Anonymous said...

Well written article.