Thursday, September 24, 2009

Slow..

Is hard!

I feel like things here are moving slowly. That is different from the pace that i most enjoy going at. However, I am constantly learning to be patient. I meet people regularly and have started making conscious efforts to get to know the community that I now live in.

Being here so far has been:
exciting
scary
frustrating
overwhelming
slow

Some things that we are trying to make happen:
1.We are looking to get a karaoke machine. I have been told 4 times by 4 different people that as soon as we get the karaoke set up, all of the people from our neighbor club will be in here. YEAH! So we are looking for the karaoke machine. I am trying to figure out how to get one.

2.We have planned/scheduled story and craft time for kids every Saturday. That will start in October!

3. I am trying to determine how/where i can serve best here.

While I wait for these things to get going, the Lord has been throwing me around a little (when i say a little, I really mean it feels like he is drop kicking me constantly) My thoughts and heart have been challenged in so many way: The roaches, the patience, the sp. warfare, my depravity.

However, in the midst of all those things He has given me people to show me where to focus my attention and to challenge my thoughts and attitudes.

One of the things that increases my affections for the Lord is wrestling with scripture. Right now I am wrestling with Matthew 5 (specifically vs. 38-42) Insight, anyone?

No comments: