Thursday, April 10, 2008

This day is...

I don't know about you, but weather has a huge affect on my willingness to want to do things. Therefore, today I woke up without the bright ray of sun peering in through my corner window. I rolled out of bed and looked in the mirror. Needless to say, I felt exactly like this:
This is my neighbors cat. Poor thing! Although it has a lovely rhinestone in crested collar, it has next to no back fur! Yes, this is how I felt.



I tried to battle the weather by making everything an adventure this morning. Don't ask, it is just a little game I often play with myself in an attempt to trick my mind into thinking that everything is so much fun.

It wasn't until i went home for lunch and I looked out the window that let me down this morning, that i actually realized how beautiful and wonderful of a day today is. Right out my corner window are these:

I have affectionately entitled them "the most whimsical plant/flower that I have known"


Some might argue that i should have been able to realize and appreciate this day by the sheer fact that I woke up and didn't have to think about breathing. This is very true, but some days I feel that I just need a bit of a kick to the senses.



... oh so wonderful

3 comments:

rob. said...

you are sweet! and i like reading yours, too. and i think that the Lord gives us his creation and funny flowers so that we can recognize him. i like that he lets us see tangible things, too. :)
i get to see you in a week! yay!

Katy {and Kahler} said...

dear alyssa-
i, for one, am quite glad you don't have back fur either. i would have been much more hesitant to push our beds together in africa.
i love reading your blogs (except it is not often, so when i do, i have a lot of reading. nevertheless, it makes my day!)
love you!
your dear friend,
katy

ps- i just started a blog for africa this summer and i must tell you, i used your name.

Sara Triana said...

how did I miss out on reading all of these blogs? all i can think is that i was way too busy in april and may with school stuff. i like the little trick you play in your head by calling things adventures. i think i do the same.